By entering and using [www.medicom-asia.com] (the “Site”) you agree to and are bound by the terms and conditions set out below. A.R. Medicom Inc. (Asia) Ltd. ("Medicom") may revise these terms and conditions at any time – so check here periodically to note any changes.
1. Ownership. This site is owned and operated by A.R. Medicom Inc. (Asia) Ltd®. The material on this site is protected by international copyright and trademark laws.
2. User Generated Content
You agree to post content on this Site in compliance with these terms and conditions. Upon posting content on this Site, you grant Medicom and its successors and assigns a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual right and licence under your copyright to use, adapt, publish, distribute, translate, reproduce and create works derived from or based upon such material in any and all media, without any duty to account to you. In addition, you irrevocably waive all of your moral rights as author in respect of such information, however arising. You shall not post content that includes or contains: (1) non-public information about companies without the proper authorization to do so; (2) false information about yourself or others; or (3) a virus, trojan horse, worm, or other harmful or disruptive component.
3. Content Guidelines
You agree that the content you post, submit, store, transmit, download, upload or distribute on this Site:
- Is NOT threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, or legally objectionable;
- does NOT constitute, encourage or condone:
- a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability;
- any form of violence, hatred or harassment;
- any form of discrimination on any ground covered by federal, provincial and territorial human rights legislation in Hong Kong, such as religion, race, colour, sexual orientation, disability, etc.;
- does NOT contravene any applicable law, regulation, policy, guidelines or industry standard, as determined by Medicom
- does NOT involve the unauthorized use of information, software, music, trademarks, photographic images, personality rights or other material protected by copyright, or other intellectual property right, without the permission of the copyright owner or the holder of the intellectual property right.
4. Monitoring At any time and without notice, Medicom may screen, disallow, review, edit or remove any content posted by you that appears to violate these terms and conditions. Medicom has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any content on this Site to determine compliance with these terms and conditions and other Medicom policies and to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, policy, guidelines or industry standard or authorized government request. Medicom does not endorse any content submitted by you or by others. You agree not to rely on any content as being screened, reviewed, monitored or approved by Medicom.
5. Access You shall use this Site for lawful purposes only. Medicom has the right to deny any person access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice. Medicom has the right to immediately terminate your access to this Site where your conduct is unacceptable, as determined by Medicom in its sole discretion, or where you have breached any of these terms and conditions or any other policy on this Site. Medicom has the right to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of this Site, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use.
6. Copyright and Other Intellectual Property
The trademarks and logos on this Site are registered and unregistered trademarks of Medicom or are used under licence from, or with the consent of, the respective trademark owner. The display of trademarks or trade names on this Site does not convey or create any licence or other rights in these marks or names and their use without the written consent of Medicom or the respective trademark owner is strictly prohibited.
7. Limited Licence Medicom grants to you a strictly limited licence to display on your computer, print, download and use a single copy of the underlying HTML, text, audio clips, video clips and other content on this Site, for non-commercial (personal or educational) purposes only, provided that: (1) you do not modify any such content; and (2) you include with and display on each copy of such content the associated copyright notice and this limited license. No other use is permitted. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not: (1) make any commercial use of such content; (2) include such content in or with any product that you create or distribute; (3) copy such content onto your or any other person's website; or (4) distribute such content to anyone whatsoever. Notwithstanding the above, nothing contained in this licence shall be construed as conferring any right under any copyright of Medicom or any other person who owns the copyright in content provided on this Site.
8. Use At Your Own Risk (Indemnification) By entering and using this Site you agree that you do so at your own risk. You submit and post content, including personal information about yourself and others, at your own risk. You rely on content posted by others at your own risk. Medicom does not warrant the quality, accuracy or completeness of any claims, statements or information on this Site. Medicom makes no representations about the suitability of any information or products contained or offered on this Site for any purpose. All information is provided “as is” without warranty or condition of any kind. This Site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Medicom reserves the right to make changes to this Site at any time.
10. Submissions Medicom welcomes your comments about this Site. Medicom pays its agencies and suppliers to come up with creative ideas…so please don’t submit any creative ideas, suggestions or materials (other than those specifically requested on this Site) as Medicom can’t accept or consider them. If you didn’t read the previous sentence (or choose to ignore it) and you submit your creative ideas, suggestions or materials anyways, you agree not to assert any ownership right or legal right to or control over your submission (including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, moral rights, or implied contractual rights) and you waive the right to receive any financial or other consideration in connection with such unsolicited submission including, but not limited to, an acknowledgment or credit.
11. Governing Law This site is created and controlled by Medicom. The laws of Canada applicable therein shall govern the content on this Site including these disclaimers and terms and conditions, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
The parties have required that this agreement and all documents related hereto be prepared in English. Les parties ont demandé que cette convention ainsi que tous les documents qui s'y rattachent soient rédigés en anglais.
This website is operated by A.R. Medicom Inc. (Asia) Ltd. (“Medicom”)
1. General Principles
2. Information We Collect
Relationship Marketing. Medicom may collect information about you when you register to become a member of any Medicom group, for example a Community or Direct database. The information collected may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, mobile phone number, date of birth, gender and facts regarding your consumer habits and preferences.
Website. Medicom may collect information about you when you access the Website. Medicom keeps a record of the email addresses of those who communicate with us via the Feedback tool. Medicom also collects both aggregate and user-specific information on what web pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and contest application information.
Purchases. Medicom may collect information about you when you purchase products from it by telephone, mail, fax or on-line. The information collected may include your name, address, company name, telephone number, fax number, email address and credit card information.
Complaints. Medicom may collect information about you if you contact Medicom with a consumer complaint or request. The information collected may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth and facts regarding the complaint or request.
Marketing Research. Medicom may collect information about you if you participate in any Medicom marketing research. The information collected may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, gender, income and facts regarding your consumer habits and preferences.
Contests and Promotions. Medicom may collect information about you if you participate in any Medicom contest or promotion. The information collected may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, mobile phone number, date of birth, gender, facts regarding your consumer habits and preferences, and facts relevant to the contest or promotion participation.
Third Parties. Medicom may employ third parties to collect your personal information on behalf of Medicom for the purpose of administering contests, promotions and on-line activities. Such third parties are contractually bound to comply with all applicable privacy laws and this Policy.
3. Use of Personal Information
Medicom uses your personal information for one or more of the following purposes: (1) identify who you are; (2) improve the content of the Website and other Medicom communications; (3) contact consumers for marketing purposes; (4) improve its products and services; (5) process and ship your order for products; or (6) process your consumer complaint or request.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information
Except as set out below, Medicom will not sell, transfer or disclose any of your personal information to any third party without your consent.
Certain personal information may be disclosed to third parties solely for the purpose of processing or arranging delivery of your order or processing your complaint or request. Medicom may also disclose your personal information to third parties who administer contests, promotions and on-line activities on its behalf. In addition, Medicom must provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid enquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by law. Medicom may also disclose personal information to assist it in collecting a debt owed by you.
6. Security Safeguards
Medicom understands the importance of protecting your personal information and uses the latest Internet security protocols to protect personal information collected through the Website and other measures to protect information collected through other new media tools. However, you should be aware that the Internet and other new media tools may not be secure. Therefore, Medicom does not represent or warrant the complete security of the personal information provided by you to Medicom through these media.. You understand that you are providing such information to Medicom at your own risk.
7. How to Contact Medicom
If you do not want to receive email or other communications from Medicom, please either modify your communication preferences on the Website, go to the “contact us” link on the Website and send an email with “unsubscribe” in the subject line, or follow the unsubscribe instructions related to other new media tools where applicable. If you would like to review or update the personal information in your customer record or withdraw your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, or if you have any inquiries, please contact:
A.R. Medicom Inc. (Asia) Ltd.